Paper will be conducted in online mode. It would contain 75 questions distributed among 3 sections – Physics, Chemistry, Maths – carrying equal weightage i.e. 25 questions each. These 25 questions will be covered under two types.
- 20 Objective questions having 4 options each with only 1 correct option. 4 Marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 1 Mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer and 0 marks will be deducted for not attempting the questions
- 5 Numerical questions with numerical value as answer. 4 Marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 0 Mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer or for not attempting the questions
Paper will be of 300 marks. (Samples papers are available on NTA official website).
Date of Examination (Due to Covid-19 these dates are subject to change)
- Exam is organised twice a year – first time in January and the second time in April.
- For January 2020 attempt-
- Last date to submit application form – 10th October 2019
- Date of exam – 6th January 2020 to 11th January 2020 – conducted in two slots (1st slot – 9:30am to 12:30pm and second slot – 2:30pm to 5:30pm).
- For April 2020 attempt –
- Application form availability – 7th February 2020 to 7th March 2020
- Date of Organization – 3rd April 2020 to 9th April 2020 – conducted in two slots (1st slot – 9:30am to 12:30pm and second slot – 2:30pm to 5:30pm).
For registration site to be visited – https://jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Mathematics MCQ by A Das Gupta
- Complete Mathematics JEE Main by publisher TMH
- Concepts of Physics (1 and 2) by HC Verma
- DC Pandey
- Solomons and Fryhle’s organic chemistry by Wiley
- Narendra Avasthi for physical chemistry