Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) was formerly known as SPIC Mathematical Institute. It was established in 1989 and became an autonomous institute in 1996. UGC recognizes Chennai Mathematical Institute as a university. The CMI ensures reservation for SC, ST, OBC and PC categories.
- CMI offers B. Sc in 2 specializations (Mathematics and Computer Science, and Mathematics and Physics) and duration of the course in 3 years. Only 20-30 seats are available.
- M. Sc degree in 3 specializations (Mathematics, Computer Science and Data Science) and duration of the course is 2 years and around 20-30 seats are available.
- Doctoral degree in 3 specializations (Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science).
- Algebra: Arithmetic and geometric progression, geometric mean, harmonic mean and related inequalities, polynomial equations, roots of polynomials, matrices, determinants, linear equations, solvability of equations, binomial theorem and multinomial theorem, permutations and combinations, mathematical induction. prime numbers and divisibility, GCD, LCM, modular arithmetic logarithms, probability.
- Geometry: Vectors, triangles, two-dimensional geometry of Conics – straight lines, parabola, hyperbola, ellipses and circles, tangents, measurement of area and volume, co-ordinate geometry.
- Trigonometry: addition, subtraction formulas, double-angle formulas.
- Calculus: Limits, continuity, derivatives, integrals, indefinite and definite integrals, maxima and minima of functions in a single variable, series and sequences, convergence criterion.
- Complex numbers, roots of unity.
For further information, you can visit http://cmi.ac.in
Understand the pattern and syllabus of the exam-
Before anything else, make sure to understand the pattern and syllabus of this examination. You really do not need to prepare anything out of the syllabus. Questions are asked within the domain of the syllabus.
Gather the required reference books-
You do not want to waste valuable time looking for things and material. CMI has given all the information regarding all the books which may help you on their official site. So, visit their official site for more information.
Organize your study material-
You definitely need to study. You cannot memorize all the information and need to organize the materials you are using. Make short notes of all the important topics and don’t forget to revise them.
Solve previous year papers or sample papers-
Before appearing for the final exam, solve many sample/previous year papers as they may help you to gauge the level of questions and you will know your weaknesses and strengths.