IBO or International Biology Olympiad is an association that the world’s premier biology competition for secondary school students.
Visit http://www.ibo-info.org/en for more information.
- To find the new talents in biology.
- Bring together the most gifted students interested in biology.
- To encourage the new generation in biology.
- To enhance their international network.
- Cell biology-
– Structure and function of cells and their components
– Microbiology Technology
- Animal anatomy and physiology
- Plant anatomy and physiology
- Genetic an evolution
Preparation tips for International Biology Olympiad-
Read biology books by different authors-
You need to have a very good grip over your theoretical knowledge, raw memorization will not get you anywhere.
Organize your study material-
Keep on making short notes of all the important topics. They will help you in the final revision.
Plan your study schedule-
As the IBO syllabus is vast, you need to plan your schedule in a way so you do not miss anything citing to the lack of time. Manage your time effectively.
Develop practical skills-
You cannot do practicals of your own even though you have sufficient theoretical knowledge. Try to get an internship at a local university or a lab.
Mock tests will help you gauge your performance and to help you know your weak and strong areas.